Susan Teton Campbell
Author & Nutritional Visionary
Specialty Chef/Nutrition Education
In 1992, after co-authoring the “Healthy School Lunch Action Guide”, I lectured to thousands of students, parents and administrators in schools throughout the US, about how profoundly our food choices affect our lives. Using Earth Body Ecology, a powerful curriculum expressing how our food choices affect our bodies and the environment, I was particularly successful with educating and motivating the youth and their families to make healthier food choices.
My experience taught me that confusing and contradictory information about food and diet, combined with a lack of skills often leads a motivated person to become overwhelmed, and thus stop vitally needed changes.
Understanding first hand how challenging it can be to make dietary changes, particularly with the fast pace of the American lifestyle, I took my knowledge of nutrition, and love for good food and created Essential Cuisine, a curriculum for culinary academies, individuals and food service directors.
I have had great success with a two step process;
- Education: Students learn dynamic nutrition education with a focus on sugar, chemicals and fats.
- Kitchen Lab: Students experience hands on direction combining raw and cooked food methods to create a new dietary regime packed with highly functional foods.
Students learn to shop, cook and prepare quick and easy meals that fuel and satisfy. I have found that with this process they establish new habits and have lasting success.
In the Essential Cuisine DVD Series, I show a novice in the kitchen, or master chef how to use delicious nuts and seeds, and EFA rich oils to enhance whole foods. My methods are all about simple and making every bite count.
- The 4 Most Powerful Things You Need to Know About You and Your Child’s Diet.
- Raising A New America; Restoring the Mental, Physical & Emotional Health of America’s Youth.
- Earth Body Ecology; What We Do To The Earth We Do to Ourselves.
- Raw Food Basics & Entrees
- Raw Desserts and Salads
- Getting Your Essential Fatty Acids
- Sauces & Dressing to Live For
- Keep it Simple/Pack & GO
Currently Offering Consulting, Guest Appearances & Classes For:
- Individuals & Families
- Culinary Schools
- Food Service
- Schools and Colleges
- Corporate Wellness Programs
- Special Events
- Seminars & Expos
No job is too small or too big. I love working with people who are interested in enhancing their life, creating wellness and stewarding the Earth for future generations. Please feel free to contact me.
|Susan Teton Campbell • phone: (808) 250-1535